Associate Professor, Business Communication
Phone : +91-124-4560175
Dr. Bajaj is a Ph.D. (Business Administration) from AMU and an E & C engineer (with distinction) from Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala. In 2010, she completed GCPCL at Harvard Business School, Boston USA and is an HBS Affiliate. Dr Bajaj is a licensed Practitioner of Neuro Linguistics Programming (NLP). She is a prolific writer and along with a colleague, she was bestowed a Gold Medal for writing the Best Case All India in the ISB IVEY Case Writing Competition 2010. Prior to joining MDI in 2003, she worked in the industry for 12 years. Her assignment with the Hindustan Times was as the Editor HT Horizons and HT Careers (now called HT Shine). Before that she was a columnist with The Pioneer newspaper.
Dr Bajaj is a member of the Board of Studies, All India Management Association (AIMA)-CME. She is on the Advisory Panel of the Area of Business Communication at the Fortune Institute of International Business (FIIB) and a member of the Curriculum Development Body for School of Media Studies at IGNOU.
Long Duration Programmes:
PGPM (at MDI and IIM C), PGP-HR and PGP-IM
Influencing and Negotiating Skills
Oral Communication & Presentation Skills
Written Analysis & Communication.
Long Duration Executive PGPM:
NMP (National Management Programme)
EMP (Executive Management Programme)
Energy Management Programme
Effective Business Communications
Influencing & Negotiation Skills and
Corporate Communications and Media Management.
Fellow Programme in management &
Areas of Interest
New Media Communication, Crisis Communication, Communication for Change, Organizational Turnaround and Social Communications
Recipient of Gold medal for Case Writing in the ‘ISB-IVEY Case Writing Competition’ 2010.
Bajaj & Bhullar (2010). ‘Pepsi-BASIX Partnership: Promoting Livelihood through contract farming of Potato in Jharkhand India’ http://www.isb.edu/CCD/results.shtml. Accepted for publication by ISB-IVEY Case Writing Cell. Teaching case for Courses in Strategy, Negotiation Skills and Managing Partnerships.
Research Project (Research in Progress):
Crisis Communication in Consumer Product/ Services Companies: A Study to explore implications of virtual communications on crisis management. Project funded by AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education).
Topic: Communication Strategies for Organizational Turnaround: A study to explore role of Communication during organizational change
Ph.D Thesis and Dissertations Guide
Supervised a Dissertation on 'Evolving Framework for Effective and efficient Media Plan for Government Welfare Programmes'
Supervised a CIS on 'Study of Social Media Strategy adopted by leading FMCG brands'
Supervised a Dissertation on ‘Cross-Cultural Negotiations’
Supervisieda CIS on ‘Review and Assessment of Critical Cinema’
Supervising a Ph.D. thesis on ‘Communications during Lay-offs’
Research and Publications
- Hukum S Chaudhary, Sushil kumar, Vijay Agarwal and Gita Bajaj (2011), Airport Metro Express Line: Infrastructure Project Financing and Implementation through Public Private Partnership, Richard Ivey School of Foundation, 9B11N015
- Mishra G., Makkar T, Gupta A, Vaidyanathan M, Sarin S and Bajaj, G (2010). New Media Experiences: Dealing with the game Changer. Vikalpa, 35 (3), 91.
- Bajaj, G (2010). Chetan Bhagat Blocks. Vikalpa, 35 (3), 95-97.
- Bajaj, G (2010). Internal Online Communications: Boon or Bane. Vikalpa, 35 (3), 102-105.
- Bajaj, G (2008). Tasty Bite Eatables Ltd..Vikalpa, 33(3), 99-109
- Bajaj, G. (2006). Communication Strategy for Organizational Turnaround: A case of India Polyfibres Ltd. In P. Singh, J. Bhatnagar & A. Bhandarker (Eds.), Future of work: Mastering change (373-384)New Delhi: Excel Books.
- Paper on ‘MFN Exemptions under the GATS: A perspective’ was published in seminar proceedings of ‘Implications of GATS on Higher Education: A focus on engineering, Management, Architecture and Pharmacy education’ published by International Centre of WTO and WIPO Studies
Newspaper & Online Publications
- Bajaj G. & Bhullar N. (Feb 15 2010). Crunch Time for those who laid off ruthlessly. Financial Chronicle
- Bhullar N.& Bajaj G. (13 Mar 2009 2030 hrs IST). MMS sex scandal: Who is responsible?. TOI online
- file:///E:/Business%20Communications%20Area/Gita%20Bajaj/Publications /MMS%20sex%20scandal%20Who%20is%20responsible%20-%20Delhi%20-%20City%20-20The%20Times%20of%20India.webarchive
- Bajaj G. (Sept 11, 2007). Article on ‘Walk the Talk: A call to beef up Corporate Communications’. Economic Times
- Bajaj G. (March-April 2006). ‘We have dearth of quality people’ The world of B-Schools, A Business Standard Publication.
- Published more than 200 articles in various newspapers including Hindustan Times, The Pioneer, The Indian Express and the World of B-Schools – a Business Standard publication. .
Seminars and Workshops Conducted
- Speaker on ‘Corporate Communications during Crisis’ at CEC (Centre for Education Communication, New Delhi, India) for audio visual interactive country wide classroom programme
- Made a presentation on ‘Internationalization of Higher Education’ at IIT Delhi during a seminar on Implications of GATS on Higher Education organized by ICWWS with the support of MHRD.
- Speaker at the Roundtable on ‘WTO: GATS and Indian Higher Education’ organized by AMITY Centre on WTO on 30 January 2004.
- Made a presentation on ‘Most Favored Nation Concept: an Indian perspective’ during a two days seminar on ‘Implications of GATS on Higher Education’ organized by International Centre for WTO and WIPO studies, for Vice-Chancellors of Universities, heads and faculty of technical Institutions. The presentations were made in New Delhi, Ahmedabad, Coimbatore and Bhubaneswar.
- A lecture on ‘Management of Change in Schools’ organized by the All India Management Association, for School Principals.
- A workshop on ‘Creativity for Personality Development’ organized by the All India Management Association
- A lecture on ‘Internationalization of Higher Education’ organized by the ‘National Institute of Education Planning and Administration’ (NIEPA), for College Principals.
- A presentation on ‘Trends in School Education’ organized by the DAV School Association for the Principals of DAV School in North India.
Seminars & Conferences Organized
- Round-table on ‘Breaking Silos for Sustainable Partnerships’ organized along with colleagues at MDI Gurgaon.
- Seminar on ‘Natural farming’ organized along with colleagues at MDI Gurgaon.
- Organized a Case Writing Workshop conducted by Prof Abhinandan Jain, IIM Ahmedabad and Prof JL Saha, former Director IIM Ahmedabad for faculty of MDI Gurgaon
- International Conference of HRM (2006) organized by MDI Gurgaon at New Delhi. Member of Organizing Committee
Seminars/ Conferences Attended
- Global Colloqium on Participant Centred Learning (GCPCL), Harvard Business School, Boston, USA.
- Seminar on Women Leadership organized by All India Management Association
- All India Corporate Communicators Annual Conference on Social Media and Communications
- All India Corporate Communicators Annual Conference on Crisis Communications.
Dr Bajaj is an avid trainer and has trained managers of various organizations including
Eli Lilly, Cairn India, Schneider Electric, Hero Honda (now Hero Moto Corp), Hero MotoCorp, Petronet, ABB, JSW Energy, Roche Pharma, Nestle’ India, IBM Daksh, Coca Cola, Birlasoft, HP, NADT (National Academy of Direct Taxes), DAE (Department of Atomic Energy), ONGC, SAIL, DCM, PGCIL, BEL, LIC, NIC, IFFCO, Chambal Fertilizers and Chemicals Ltd.
She has taught executive participants of University of Maryland, USA and conducted training for Laxmi Bank Nepal. She is the Co-Programme Director of the Global OneMBA programme.
Her training programmes on Influencing and Negotiation Skills, Netiquette for New Age Communication, Business Writing, Presentation Skills, Developing Communication Competencies, Business Etiquette and Communication Strategies for Employee Engagement are extensively subscribed and highly appreciated.
Expert Committee Member:
Member Expert Committee set up by Ministry of HRD for ‘Making recommendations for Negotiating India’s Education Sector under the WTO regime’. 2002-2003
Member Expert Committee set up for developing academic design and policy framework for Gautam Buddha University, a new university set up at Greater NOIDA. 2003
Member Expert Committee for updating MA course of ‘Media Production and Management’ at Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU). 2010
Member Expert Committee to chalk out the framework and content coverage for launching a ‘PG Diploma in Economic Journalism’ at Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU). 2010
Member of Corporate Communications Committee, Admissions Committee, Corporate Relations and Placements Committee, Continuing Education and Consulting Committee and Research Committee at various points of time at Management Development Institute, Gurgaon. 2003-2010
Member AIMA-CME’s Board of Studies 2010
Membership of Professional Organizations
Member, Academy of Management, NY, USA
Life Member, All India Management Association (AIMA), New Delhi, India
Member IFCC (Indian Federation of Corporate Communicators), Mumbai, India
Life Member, Indian Society of Technical Education (ISTE), New Delhi, India
Life Member, Institute of Electronics and Communications Engineers (IECE), New Delhi, India