Ajay Kumar Jain
Professor, Organizational Behavior
Visiting Faculty, Aarhus University, Denmark
Chairperson - PT- PGPM and Students Affairs
Chairperson - Organisation Behavior Area
Phone : +91-124-4560313
Dr. Ajay K Jain is visiting fellow to Aarhus University currently and an Associate Professor in Organizational Behaviour Area at the Management Development Institute Gurgaon. He has started his career with Indian School of Business, Hyderabad as a post-doctoral fellow and is a PhD from Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur in the area of Organizational Psychology. He has earned his masters’ degrees from National Institute of Personnel Management Calcutta and University of Lucknow in the area of Personnel Management and Social Psychology respectively. He has undergone rigorous academic training at ISB Hyderabad in issues related to people-management skills. He had done advanced level courses in the field of Market Research, Consumer Behavior and Management of Organizations.
Prof Jain is a visiting faculty to Aarhus Business School, Denmark, University of Free State, South Africa, Indian Institute of Management Lucknow, and All Indian Management Association New Delhi. He has been visiting to Lancaster University, UK, Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane as a researcher and trainer. He has been invited by several other management institutes to deliver guest lectures in the area of organizational behavior and research methods.
He has more than 11-years of teaching experience. He is involved in teaching courses related to Research Methods/Marketing Research, Organizational Design and Change and Organization Transformation at MDI Gurgaon. He had taught a course on "Designing Work Organization" at IIM Lucknow during 2007-2009 and Leading and Designing Organizations at Aarhus School of Business during 2010-2012. He had delivered guest lectures at University of Free State, South Africa on Emotional Intelligence, Scale Development and Questionnaire Design.
1. Jain, A.K., Giga, S.I., Cooper, C.L. (2013).Perceived Organizational Support as a Moderator of the Relationship between Stress and Organizational Citizenship Behaviors. International Journal of Organizational Analysis. (Accepted for publication)
2. Jain, A.K., Malhotra, N.K., & Guan, C. (2012). Positive and Negative Affectivity as the Mediators of Volunteerism and Service Oriented Citizenship Behavior and Customer Loyalty. Psychology and Marketing, 29(12), 1004-1017.
3. Jain, A.K. (2012). Does emotional intelligence predict impression management? Journal of Organizational Culture, Communications and Conflict, 16(2), 11-24.
4. Jain, A.K. (2012). Impression management as the moderator of the relationship between emotional intelligence and organizational citizenship behavior. Journal of Behavioral and Applied Management,13(2),86-107.
5. Jain, A.K., Giga, S.I., Cooper, C.L. (2011).Social Power as a Means of Increasing Personal and Organizational Effectiveness: The Mediating Role of Organizational Citizenship Behavior, Journal of Management and Organization, 17 (3), 413-432.
6. Singh, P., Bhandarker, A., Rai, S., Jain, A.K. (2011). Relationship between values and workplace: an exploratory analysis. Facilities, Vol. 29 Iss: 11/12, pp.499 – 520
7. Jain, A.K. & Saini, D. (2010). Human Resource Outsourcing and Shared Services: An Asian-Pacific Perspective. In Julia Connell’ and Stephen Teo (Eds) Strategic HRM: Contemporary Issues in the Asia Pacific Region. TildeUniversity Press
8. Giga, S.I., Jain, A.K., Cooper, C.L. (2009). Working longer: hours of work and health, in Cary L. CooperUsha GoswamiBarbara J. Sahakian (Eds). Mental capital and Well Being. November 2009, Wiley-Blackwell, UK
9. Jain, A.K. (2009). Organizational Citizenship Behavior as a Predictor of Personal Effectiveness and General Health. Academy of Taiwan Business Management Review, Vol 5 (3), 51-61
10. Jain, A.K., Giga, S.I., Cooper, C.L. (2009). Control, Well being, and Commitment. Leadership and Organization Development Journal,30 (3&4), 256-273
11. Giga, S.I., Jain, A.K., & Cooper, C.L. (2008). Working Longer: Hours of Work and Health. This review has been commissioned as part of the UK government’s Foresight’s Project, Mental capital and well being. The article is published on the website of government of UK.http://www.bis.gov.uk/assets/foresight/docs/mental-capital/sr-c7_mcw.pdf
12. Jain, A. K., & Sinha, A. K. (2005). General health in organizations: Relevance of emotional intelligence, trust and organizational support. International Journal of Stress Management, 12(3), 257-273
Publications: National Journals
1. Jain, A.K. & Giga, S.I. (2013). The Role of emotional intelligence as a moderator of the relationship between self-management and citizenship behaviors, Psychological Studies (PSYI-D-12-00071R1)
2. Jain, A.K. & Cooper, C.L. (2012). Stress and Organizational Citizenship Behaviors in Indian Business Process Outsourcing Organizations. IIMB Management Review, in Press
3. Kumar, S. & Jain, A.K. (2012). Essence and consequences of stress in the work place. Journal of Organization and Human Behavior, 1(3), 1-11.
4. Jain, A.K. (2012). The Impact of Organizational Size and Alliance Formations on Perceived Organizational Performance. Indian Journal of Industrial Relation, 47(3), 559-574.
5. Jain, A.K. (2011). Does Organizational Structure Predict Citizenship Behaviors? IndianJournal of the IndianAcademy of Applied Psychology. 37(2), 341-353.
6. Jain, A.K. (2010). An exploration of organizational citizenship behavior as possible source of social power. Indian Journal of Industrial Relations, 45(3), 396-410.
7. Jain, A.K. (2009). Exploring the relative relevance of organizational citizenship behavior and emotional intelligence. Journal of the IndianAcademy of Applied Psychology, 35(1), 87-97.
8. Jain, A.K. & Sinha, A.K. (2008). Organizational Citizenship Behavior: Imperatives for Organizationally Relevant Outcomes. The Chanakya, Journal of Rourkela Institute of Management Studies, 8 (2), 12-38.
9. Jain, A.K., & Sinha, A.K. (2006). Self-management and job performance: In-role behavior and organizational citizenship behavior.Psychological Studies, 51 (1),19-29
10. Sinha, A.K. & Jain, A.K. (2004). Emotional Intelligence: Imperatives for organizationally relevant outcome variables. Psychological Studies, 49 (2&3), 81-96
Publications: Edited Books
1. Jain, A.K. (2012).Profile of an Ideal Organizational Citizen: Organizational Citizenship Behavior, In-Role Behavior, Managerial Skills and Emotional Intelligence. In R. K. Pradhan & Nutankumar S. Thingujam´sEmotional Intelligence:Optimizing Human Performance at Work, LAP Lambart publisher, Germany.
2. Jain, A.K. (2011). The impact of emotional intelligence on self-rated performance and self-efficacy perception, In Janak Pandey, T.N. Sinha and Arvind K Sinha’s(Eds) Dialogue for Development, Concept Publications, 167-180.
3. Singh, P., Jain, A.K., Bhandarkar, A. (2009). In search of a leader: Follower’s Quest. In P. Singh & S. Verma (Eds) Organizing and Managing in the Era of Globalization. Sage (Response Book) New Delhi
4. Jain, A.K. (2007). Comparing the Impact of emotional intelligence on self-management and impression management behavior. In R.K. Pradhan & P. Mathur (Eds.) Emotional Intelligence: Perspectives in Organizations. Academic Excellence, Delhi
5. Singh, P., Jain, A.K., Bhandarkar, A. (2006). Meaning of work in corporate India: Preliminary Findings. In P. Singh, J.Bhatnagar, &A. Bhandarkar’s (Eds) Future of Work: Mastering Change. Excel book
1. Jain, A.K. & Moreno, A. (2013). Organizational Learning, Knowledge Management Practices and Firm’s Performance An Empirical Study of a Public Sector Organization in India. Submitted to International Journal of Knowledge and Learning (Submission code: IJKL-47381)
2. Jain, A.K. & Jeppesen, H.J. (2013). Cognitive styles of Leaders and Knowledge Management Practices in a Public Sector Organization in India. Journal of Knowledge Management, JKM-11-2012-0358.
3. Jain, A.K. &Jeppesen, H.J. (2013). Conceptualizing and Implementing Distributed Leadership Practices in Indian Organizations – Preliminary Findings. Journal of Management Development.
4. Jain, A.K., Jeppe, H.J., Jøhonson, T. (2013). Leadership for performance excellence: Co-Workers Perspective. Paper Submitted to ICP Proceedings
5. Srivastava S., & Jain, A.K. (2013). Moderating effect of Emotional Intelligence on the relationship between Tolerance of Ambiguity and Managerial effectiveness. Submitted to Journal of Managerial Psychology. Asia Pacific Journal of Management
6. Jain, A.K., Thøgersen, J., Sujan, H. (2012). The Impact of Volunteerism and Organizational Culture on Organizational commitment and citizenship behaviors. Submitted to European Association of Work and Organizational Psychology.
7. Jain, A.K., Jeppesen, H.J., & Johnson, T. (2012). Motivational Bases of Distributing Leadership. Submitted to European Association of Work and Organizational Psychology.
8. Jøhonson, T., Jeppesen, H, &Jain, A.K., (2013). The employees’ participation in leadership tasks during organizational restructuring – the case of a hospital merger. Submitted to European Association of Work and Organizational Psychology.
9. Guznel, F., Jain, A.K, Anne Mette (2013). Leadership styles, organizational efficacy and distributing leadership. Submitted to AOM conference
Work in Progress
1. Jain, A.K., Jeppesen, H.J., & Frantz, T.F. (2012) CEOs Leadership Behavior and organizational culture: Manager’s Perspective
2. Jain, A.K., Jeppesen, H.J., Sinha, A.K. (2013). Distributing leadership: An Equity Perspective
3. Jain, A.K., Malhotra, N.K. & Guan, C. (2013). Construction and development of organizational citizenship behavior Scale in Indian work context.
4. Jain, A.K. & Sujan, H. (2013). Employees´ voice behavior in Indian organizations.
Research Article: International Conferences
1. Jain, A.K. (2012). Leadership for Performance Excellence: Looking within, Around and Beyond. Article is presented in the 30thInternational Conference of Psychology, Cape Town South Africa.
2. Jain, A.K., Malhotra, N.K., & Guan, C. (2012). Positive and Negative Affectivity as the Mediator of Volunteerism and Service Oriented Citizenship Behavior and Customer Loyalty. Paper is presented as part of the track Research Methodology and Marketing Analytics at the International conference in Marketingheld at IIM Lucknow (Noida campus) during January 12-14, 2011.
3. Jain, A.K., Singh P, Bhandarkar & Rai, S. (2009).CEO’s Leadership Behavior and Organizational Culture. The paper was presented in the 8th Asian Association of Social Psychology at New Delhi, during 11th – 14th December 2009.
4. Jain, A.K., & Sinha, A.K. (2009).Exploring the competencies of an Ideal Organizational Citizen. The paper was presented in the 8th Asian Association of social Psychology at New Delhi, during 11th – 14th December 2009.
5. Jain, A.K., Singh P, Bhandarkar A.& Rai, S. (2009).Values and Meaning of Work Place.The paper was presented in the 2ndInternational Conference on Integrating Spirituality and Organizational Leadership at Pondicherry during 9th – 12thFebruary 2009.
6. Jain, A.K., Giga, S.I. & Cooper, C.L. (2008). Organizational Support as a moderator between Stress and Citizenship Behavior. The paper was presented at the Seventh International Conference on Occupational Stress and Health (Work, Stress, and Health 2008): Omni Shoreham Hotel, WashingtonDC.
7. Giga, S.I., Jain, A.K., & Cooper, C.L. (2008). The Impact of Working Long Hours on Health. The paper waspresented at the Seventh International Conference on Occupational Stress and Health (Work, Stress, and Health 2008): Omni Shoreham Hotel, WashingtonDC.
8. Singh P, Bhandarkar A., & Jain, A.K. (2007).In Search of a Leader: Followers' Quest. The paper was presented in the 12thAsia-Pacific Researchers in Organizational Studies conference at MDI Gurgaon during 9th – 11th Dec. 2007.
9. Jain, A.K., & Cooper C.L (2005). Organizational citizenship behavior: A possible new base of social power, paper was presented at British Academy of Management conference at Said Business School, Oxford on September 14th 2005.
10. Jain, A.K. (2005). Emotionally intelligent organizational citizen. The Paper was presented at XII European Conference of Work and Organizational Psychology, Istanbul Turkey
11. Jain, A.K., Jain, S., & Jain, P. (2004). Emotional Intelligence: Imperatives for organizational outcome variables. The Paper was presented at University of Wyoming, USA
12. Jain, A.K. & Sinha, A.K. (2002). General Health in Organization. The paper was presented in an International Conference on “Integrating World Markets: Living Excellence through technology and beyond” held at Motilal Nehru Regional Engineering College, Allahabad.
Research Article: National Conferences
1. Srivastava S., & Jain, A.K. (2012). Moderating effect of Emotional Intelligence on the relationship between Tolerance of Ambiguity and Managerial effectiveness. Article submitted for the presentation in XXIINational Academy of Psychology Conference at Institute of Rural Management, Anand.
2. Jain, A.K. & Sinha, A.K. (2010). Stress and Organizational Citizenship Behavior. The article was presented in XXINational Academy of Psychology Conference held at JNU, New Delhi in December 2010.
3. Jain, A.K. (2010). Organizational Structure and Citizenship Behavior. The article was presented in XX National Academy of Psychology Conference held at JNU, New Delhi in December 2010.
4. Jain, A.K. & Sinha, A.K. (2010). Emotional Intelligence as the moderator of the relationship between self management and organizational citizenship behaviors. The paper is presented at XIXNationalAcademy of Psychology Conference, BangaloreUniversity during6th-9th March 2010.
5. Paninchukunnath, A., & Jain, A.K. (2010). The Concept of Nishkama - Karma and Service Excellence at IBA-Bengalooru, on 20th Feb 2010.
6. Jain, A.K. & Sinha, A.K. (2008). Organizational citizenship behavior and general health. The paper was presented in XVIIINationalAcademy of Psychology conference held at IIT Guwahati during 14th-17th December 2008.
7. Jain, A.K. & Sinha, A.K. (2008). The impact of organizational size and alliance formations on the perceived organizational performance. The paper was presented in XVIIINationalAcademy of Psychology conference held at IIT Guwahati during 14th-17th December 2008.
8. Singh, P., Bhandarkar, A., Jain, A.K., Rai. S. (2008). The meaning of work place. The paper was presented in XVIIINationalAcademy of Psychology conference held at IIT Guwahati during 14th-17th December 2008.
9. Jain, A.K. & Sinha, A.K. (2007). Organizational Citizenship Behavior: Imperatives for Organizationally Relevant Outcomes. The paper waspresented inXVIINationalAcademy of Psychology conference at IIT Kanpur during 17th-19th December 2007.
10. Jain, A.K., & Sinha, A.K. (2006). The impact of emotional intelligence on self-rated performance and self-efficacy perception. The paper was presented in XVINationalAcademy of Psychology conference at IIT Bombay during 14-16th Dec. 2006.
11. Jain, A.K. & Sinha, A.K. (2003). Organizational citizenship behavior versus emotional intelligence: A study of relative relevance in organizations. The paper was presented in XIII Annual conference of National Academy of Psychology held at UtkalUniversity, Bhubaneswar, Orisaa, 27th – 31st Jan 2003.
12. Jain, A.K., & Sinha, A.K. (2001). Work Locus of Control As a Moderator of the Relationship between Lack of Strain and Organizational Commitment, paper presented at the XII th Annual Conference of National Academy of Psychology, held at FatimaMataCollege, Kollam, Kerala, Oct.22-24, 2001.
13. Jain, A.K. (1999). Emotional Intelligence and Its Importance, paper was presented at the X Annual Conference ofNational Academy of Psychology held at University of Lucknow, India, Dec 3-5, 1999.
Member of Editorial Team
· Modern Management Science and Engineering
· Journal of Organization and Human Behavior http://www.publishingindia.com/Research/ProductInfo/Editorial-Team.aspx?InfoID=48
· Journal of IMS Group
Publication in Magazine
· Jain, A.K. (2011). Powerful Minds, India Today
Role of Reviewers
· Group and Organization Management
· International Journal of Organizational Analysis
· Journal of Managerial Psychology
· IIMB Management Review, Elsevier Publication
· Psychological Studies, Springer´s Publication
· Vision: MDI Gurgaon Journal, Sage´s Publication
- In search of Change Maestros, Sage Publisher as member of research team
- Jain, A.K. (2010). Leadership and Change Management by Annabel Beerel. Sage Publications Ltd. Cornwall, 2009. Published in Vision The Journal of Business Perspective, Vol. 14(1&2), 113-114.
- Jain, A.K. (2012). Organizational Development: Accelerating Learning and Transformation by S. Ramnaryan & T.V. Rao,, Second Edition, Sage Publications Ltd., 2011, Submitted for publication in Vision The Journal of Business Perspective, Vol. 14(1&2), 113-114.
PhD Thesis and Dissertations
Management Training Programs
Conducting training program on Emotional Intelligence for Leaders, Leadership Styles, Understanding Self, Building High Performance Teams, Diversity Management and Decision Making, Managing Organizational Change, Understanding Organizational Design, Vertical Integration Programs, Experiential Outbound Learning and Marketing Research for top public sector, private sector and other organizations companies among other like Nestle, Voith Hydro, HP, AVIVA, Jindal Steel, Apollo Tyres, CRPF, FDIB, ONGC, NTPC, BEL, PNB, BOB, SBI, NIC, LIC etc. the average feedback is 4.5 on a 5-point scale.
Experience as a Program Director
- Coordinated and delivered a management development program for Japanese executives from Teijin organizationin the field of developing global business mind set and cross cultural communication.
- Coordinate and Organized Program on International Human Resource Management in collaboration with Queensland University of Technology,Brisbane Australia
- Coordinated and Organized Faculty Development in International Business (FDIB) Program for American Professors in collaboration with University of Connecticut. USA
- Coordinate and Organized Senior Management Program for Senior Managers of ONGC in collaboration with various institutes located in Frankfurt, Paris, Antwerp and Groningen, Amsterdam
- Coordinated and Organized MDPs for AVIVA, CRPF, VOITH, JSS, PetroNet LNG, ONGC, NTPC, Power Grid, Bank of Baroda, National Insurance, Life Insurance etc.
- Coordinatedand delivered Outbound Experiential Learning Program for various private and public sector companies
- Formulating HR policy for an Indian public sector bank, 2006 worth Rs. 43/- Lac
- Change Management at a Manufacturing Company, 2007 worth Rs. 25,0000/-
- Training needs analysis for assistant commissioner income tax, India, 2008 worth Rs. 10/-Lac
- Designing a uniform “Annual Confidential Report” format for ministry of statistics and programme implementation, 2009 worth Rs. 6/- Lac
- Measuring the perception of stakeholder towards public examination system for Central Board of Secondary Education, 2010 worth Rs. 7.25/- Lac
- Training need analysis for various organizations like LIC, Jindal Steel worth Rs. 2.0/- Lac