Jan 27, 2023
Online PGDM Programme
The two-year Online Post Graduate Diploma in Management (Online PGDM) is approved by the AICTE, Government of India. It enables young working executives to earn a postgraduate management qualification from a leading business school. They can earn this prestigious qualification from anywhere in the world without taking a break from their career.
Programme Learning Goals (LGs)
• Responsible citizen consciousness
• Global perspective
• Critical and innovative thinking
• Effective communication and collaborative decision-making
• Functional competency
• Global mindset and sensitivity
• Holistic business perspective
• Capability to manage uncertainty and complexity
• Capability to lead change
• Capability to create wealth and manage diversity
Teaching and Learning
The two-year Online PGDM is approved by the AICTE, Government of India. It is patterned along the same lines as the flagship PGDM programme of MDI Gurgaon. It gives an opportunity for high performers to earn a premium post graduate management qualification from a leading business school. They can earn this prestigious qualification from anywhere in the world without taking a break from their career. Learning will be rigorous and delivered through Online Synchronous Classes, Asynchronous, self-paced learning and Campus immersion.
- Same rigour and relevance as offered by MDI's Post Graduate Diploma in Management programme, but in a curated and customised package specially designed for online delivery.
- Cutting edge curriculum, delivering an integrated, global perspective of management. Some of the courses will be taken by international faculty. You would also benefit from interactions with a global cohort. Indian and Global case studies will be discussed.
- You get the opportunity to reflect, to rethink your career trajectory and to take steps to equip yourself with the right skills and knowledge. An end-to-end enterprise wide view of business will help you as you go move into senior management.
- Participants may continue to pursue their full-time careers and also continue their education, while residing anywhere in the world. Benefit from a variety of modes of interacting with peers and faculty. Work at your pace, within a time window, but with high commitment.
- Close interactions with faculty. Tutorial and doubt clearing sessions will be conducted in small groups. You would also have remote access to MDI Gurgaon Library. Participants may provide feedback, make suggestions, and raise concerns in regularly held open-house sessions with MDI programme managers.
The first year of the programme will comprise eight modules of six weeks each. Core (compulsory) courses worth 44 credits would be covered in this year.
- Elective courses are offered in the second year of the programme over three modules of 12 weeks each.
- The final module is dedicated to an end-of-programme capstone dissertation
During the second year of study, participants may choose courses from a bouquet of 30 electives to attain a major and minor specialisation in any of the following functional areas: Accounting & Finance | Operations Management | Economics & Public Policy | Marketing | Organisational Behaviour & Human Resource Management | Information Management | Strategy & General Management.
- In order to major in a specialisation, the participant has to earn a minimum of 20 credits offered by that area.
- A minor specialisation requires the participant to earn a minimum of 12 credits offered by that Area.
- Participants may choose not to specialize in any functional area and instead choose a general management route.
- Participants must earn a minimum of 32 credits from elective courses.
- CGPA would be calculated using the electives comprising 32 credits completed with best performance
The participants may choose to benefit from one-week visits to MDI Gurgaon’s campus.
- These visits will be organised thrice during the course of the programme – at the beginning of the programme and at the end of each year of the programme.
- Campus visits will include sessions and workshops conducted by MDI Gurgaon faculty and practitioners.
- Participants may consume the asynchronous content in a self-paced manner
- Participants will have the opportunity to attend 15 to 30 hours of synchronous sessions per course (depending on the credits), judiciously spread across the term of the course.
- Synchronous sessions will be scheduled on evenings and weekends. Peer group discussions and tutorials will also be scheduled by the course faculty.
- Participants will have access to the recording of synchronous sessions.
MDI follows a continuous evaluation system. A student earns a letter grade in each course with an associated grade point. The credit-weighted average of these grade points in the programme is the Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA). Evaluation will be based on a combination of assessments including quizzes, written assignments, class presentations, viva-voce, case study submissions, simulations, project work, etc.
The first thirty applicants to take admission during round 1 will be given an INR 2 Lakh tuition waiver.