Lean Management and Process Improvement
Lean is a success strategy used by companies such as Toyota, Dell and Hewlett Packard. Lean organisations deliver high quality at the lowest cost with the shortest lead time. Lean management is a systematic approach for identifying and eliminating waste in operations through continuous improvement for doing everything more efficiently, reducing the cost of operating the system, and fulfilling the customers’ desire for maximum value at the lowest price. Many organisations have realised the capability of producing high quality products more economically even in lower volume and in half the time and space using just a fraction of the normal work in processes inventory. For enterprises keen to win and retain customer confidence, to realise efficiency and effectiveness in all business processes and to improve the chance of making profit consistently, Lean Management has proved to be a very reliable “good management practice”.
- To identify opportunities of implementing Lean Management
- To understand the principles of Lean Management in simple terms
- To implement the Lean Guiding Principles
- To provide guidelines for right tool selection from the Lean toolbox
- To perform Value Stream Analysis using MINITAB
- To provide guidelines for sound selection of quality/process improvement projects
- To enable practicing managers to apply Lean Management methodology for quality/process improvement projects
- Identifying wastes in process
- Types of waste
- Lean Guiding Principles
- Lean project selection and planning
- Lean toolkit: 5S, VSM, SMED, JIT, KANBAN
- Value Stream Analysis
- Visual Management
Who can participate
This programme is for executives heading units and departments in various functional areas of private sector, public sector and government organisations.
Registration and Fees
Participants should be nominated by their organisations. The enclosed nomination form should be completed and returned with all the details. The fee of the programme is Rs. 37,500 (rupees thirty-seven thousand five hundred only) per participant which includes a professional fee and all charges for lodging and boarding and supply of course materials. GST as applicable will be charged extra in addition to the programme fee. Payment should be made by cheque/NEFT/RTGS.