Post Graduate Diploma in Management - Business Analytics
The PGDM-Business Analytics programme offered at MDI is designed to mentor holistic business analytics managers. The course is designed and reviewed by faculty and industry members to ensure a rich academia-industry blend and also, is benchmarked competitively. The programme is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education, Government of India.
PGDM-Business Analytics attempts to groom holistic business managers with following capabilities:
- Global Mindset and Sensitivity with flexibility and resilience
- Capability to address business problems and situations through the lensof analytics
- Capability to manage uncertainty & complexity in different business scenarios
- Understand and apply emerging and next-generation analytical technologies, practices, and tools
- Capability to identify patterns, analyse data, and present logic-based solutions
- Networking among peers and industry thought leaders
Programme Learning Goals (LGs)
- Responsible Citizen Consciousness
- Global Perspective
- Critical and Innovative Thinking
- Analytical Acumen in Decision-Making
- Technology, Data and Model based Thinking
- The programme is spread over six terms of three months each. The core courses are covered in the first 4 terms.
- Compulsory eight-to-ten weeks long internship after term 3.
- During terms 5 & 6, students can opt for eight electives from OM & IM area and can also enrich their elective basket by opting for maximum of two electives fromother functional areas such as Marketing/ Economics & Public Policy/ Operations Management/ Accounting & Finance/ Information Management/ Strategy.
- 20 percent of the course is taught by industry practitioners.
Learning Centric Pedagogy
The program follows an interactive, participative and skill-based pedagogy encompassing case discussion, lab-oriented exercises,role-plays, simulations, industry practitioner session and industry exposure via live projects.
MDI follows a continuous evaluation system. A student earns a letter grade in each course with an associated grade point. The credit-weighted average ofthese grade points in the programme is the Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA).
Student Exchange Programme
- A student can study for one term in a partner foreign institution in lieu of his/her study term at MDI.
- A number of international scholarships are available for these students.
- Details on the selection process and opportunities will be available after joining MDI
- One Merit cum Means Scholarship belonging to economically weaker sections (EWS) student.
- One Merit Scholarship of Rs 10,000/- (Rupees Ten Thousand only) to the meritorious student of PGDM-Business Analytics Programme on the basis of overall merit ranks of the student in the programme.