Apr 10, 2023
Post Graduate Diploma in Management – Business Management (PGDM-BM)
The programme is accredited by AMBA, the Association of MBAs (UK). It focuses on developing leaders who will excel in the rapidly changing business environment, become agents of change and be charged with a customer centric orientation.
- MDI pioneered the full-time Executive Graduate Programme in Management in 1987 named Post Graduate Diploma in Management (National Management Programme) - PGDM (NMP).
- The duration and nomenclature of the programme is 18-month Post Graduate Diploma in Management - Business Management.
- The PGDM-BM focuses on developing visionary leaders for the rapidly changing business environment. The focus of the programme is to build skills and competencies necessary to lead change. The programme attracts talent from diverse industries, cultures and geographies.
- Unique aspects of the programme include a two-week National Immersion module and 3 days experiential learning module on leadership competency development.
- Provisional International Immersion Module.
The programme is aimed at developing:
- A recognition of current business realities
- A holistic business perspective
- An ability to recognise and seize opportunities in a competitive environment
- Global sensitivity and mindset
- Skills of communication, leadership and teamwork
Programme Learning Goals
- Responsible citizen consciousness
- Global perspective
- Critical and innovative thinking
- Strategic leadership orientation
- Functional competency
- 18-month residential programme
- AICTE approved and AMBA accredited
- The oldest full-time programme of MDI Gurgaon
- Record average placement of Rs. 24.46 Lacs (highest 43.92 Lacs)
- For professionals with a minimum work experience of 5 years
- Participants can opt for dual specialisations
- Integrative capstone simulation for comprehensive under-standing of business
- Global exposure through International Immersion
- Leading companies participate in the placement process
- Strong and vibrant alumni network
Programme Structure/ Term Schedule
• The programme has five terms of course work followed by a dissertation project.
• An academic term is of twelve weeks duration which includes mid-term and end-term examination.
• A participant has to earn a minimum 103.5 credits from 32 courses in which 21 are core courses and 11 are elective courses (3 credits from 29 courses & 1.5 credits from 3 courses) plus 9 credits from dissertation.
• There is a 1.5 credit Experiential Outbound Leadership Training Programme & 1.5 credit National Immersion Programme.
• A student has to undergo National Immersion module and experiential learning module on leadership competency development. The expenses for National Immersion module shall be borne by the students on actual basis in addition to the fees.
• The programme also includes practice oriented courses in workshop mode, besides a capstone dissertation at the end.
• The compulsory dissertation / project may be taken up at the workplace and is required to be submitted presentation before a panel of experts.
- The participants get to interact with the industry leaders by way of guest lectures
- Teaching based on recent research studies and international experience, includes lectures, case studies, seminars, group discussions, business games, role plays, simulations exercises, structured and unstructured group work and field visits.
- Emphasis on motivating the participants to integrate the concepts, learned across the core curriculum and apply them to their own work experience and contemporary business situations.
- Participants are evaluated on a continuous basis which includes a capstone dissertation project.
- Course evaluation is in terms of letter grades. Participants are required to achieve a certain minimum cumulative grade point average in each term, as well as a minimum letter grade in each course.
- Prime Minister’s Medal - awarded for the best overall performance in the programme.
- Finance Minister’s Medal - awarded for the best performance in the Finance elective courses
- The Department of Personnel, Government of India Medal - awarded for the best performance in the Human Resource Management elective courses.
- ITC Medal - awarded for the best performance in the Marketing elective courses.
There are two types of courses - Core and Electives. Core courses lay the foundation and cover all aspects of Management. They are mandatory and 32 in number. The participant has to select 11 Elective courses, for which s/he has a wide choice. S/he would choose the Electives based on her/his specialisations of interest. An indicative list of Core and Elective Courses are given below:
• Business Communication
• Legal Aspects of Business
• Marketing Planning
• Micro Economics
• Organisational Design & Change
• Organisational Behaviour
• Quantitative Techniques in Management
• Accounting for Business Decision Making
• Corporate Finance for Enhancing Value
• Decision Sciences
• Human Resource Management
• Macroeconomics Environment Policy
• Management Accounting
• Management Information Systems
• Marketing Practices and Implementation
• Research Methods
• Operations Management
• Strategy Formulation and Implementation
• Corporate Social Responsibility
• Universal Human Values (Half Credit)
• Business Simulation (Half Credit)
• Report Writing (Half Credit)
Economics & Public Policy
• Applied Game Theory to Business
• Behavioural Economics
• Modelling & Forecasting Energy & Financial Markets
• Foreign Direct Investment
• Environment Economics and Green Accounting
• International Macro and Foreign Exchange Markets
• International Oil & Gas Markets and Geopolitics Elective
Accounting & Finance
• Financial Risk Management
• Investment Management
• Corporate Restructuring and Business Valuation
• International Corporate Finance
• Project Appraisal and Structured Finance
• Corporate Tax Planning
• Financial Modelling
• Strategic Cost Management
• Personal Financial Planning
• Fin Tech
• Regulation of Business & Financial Markets
• Emerging Technologies & Their Applications
• Creating Digital Startup
• Business Development in ’IT’
• Management of IT Projects
• Customer Relationship Management
• Data Analytics
• Information Security & Privacy Management for Individuals & Organisations
• Data Visualisation
• Business Process Management
• Artificial Intelligence Applications in Management
• Business to Business Marketing
• Marketing of Services
• Rural Marketing
• Strategic Marketing Management
• Advertising Management
• Consumer Behaviour
• International Marketing Management
• Marketing Insights
• Sales & Distribution Management
• Strategic Brand Management
• Customer Relationship Management (with IT Area)
• Systems Approach to Materials Management
• Project Management
• Management of Quality
• Supply Chain Management
• Service Operations Management
• Operations Strategy
Organisational Behaviour & Human Resource Management
• Negotiation Skills
• Leadership and Emotional Intelligence
• Team Building for High Performance
• Managing Across Cultures
• Management of Creativity and Innovation
• Organisational Transformation
• HR Analytics
• Talent Management
Strategy & General Management
• Corporate Governance
• Strategic Alliances & Joint Ventures
• Negotiation Skills
• Mergers & Acquisitions
• Managing Image & Corporate Reputation
• Effective Communication Through Theatre Technique
• Strategy Consultancy
• Emerging Market Strategy