Apr 28, 2022
Post Graduate Diploma in Management - Human Resource Management (PGDM-HRM)
The PGDM-HRM programme offered at MDI is designed to mentor holistic business managers. The course is designed and reviewed by faculty and industry members continuously to ensure a rich academia-industry blend. The programme is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education, Government of India and recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) as equivalent to an MBA degree awarded by an Indian University.
Programme Learning Goals (LGs)
• Responsible citizen consciousness
• Global perspective
• Critical and innovative thinking
• Effective communication and collaborative decision-making
• Enhancing business performance through evidence-based people-processes and practices
• Capability to manage uncertainty & complexity
• Global Mindset and Sensitivity with flexibility and resilience
• Understand the use of IT and technology-based HR Intervention
• Capability to create innovation in people practices
• Capability to manage diversity in thought and action
• Networking among peers and industry thought leaders
• Analytical capability for data management and reading patterns in the data
- The programme is spread over six terms of three months each. The core courses are covered in first 4 terms.
- Compulsory eight-to-ten weeks long internship after Term 3.
- During term 5 & 6, students can opt for six electives from OB & HRM area and can also enrich their elective basket by opting for maximum two electives from other functional areas such as Marketing/ Economics & Public Policy/ Operations Management/ Accounting & Finance/ Information Management/ Strategy & General Management.
- 20 percent of the course is taught by industry practitioners.
The institute follows an interactive and participative pedagogy involving fieldwork, case studies, business games, role-plays, simulation exercises, group discussions, experiential exercises, film reviews, application of concepts and structured and unstructured group work, and hands-on projects with the industry.
- MDI follows a continuous evaluation system. A student earns a letter grade in each course with an associated grade point. The credit-weighted average of these grade points in the programme is the Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA).
Student Exchange Programme
- A student can study for one term in a partner foreign institution in lieu of his/her study term at MDI.
- A number of international scholarships are available for these students.
- Details on the selection process and opportunities will be available after joining MDI.
- MDI offers Merit cum Means Scholarship scheme for the meritorious students to pursue PGDM courses at MDI Gurgaon belonging to economically weaker Sections (EWS). It is envisaged to provide total number of 10 merit cum means scholarships (50% waiver of tuition fees) every year to the students pursuing two-year full time PGDM/PGDM-HRM/PGDM-IB at MDI Gurgaon starting from AY 2021-22.
- O.P. Jindal scholarship of INR 1,50,000 for second year students.
- At the end of the second year, MDI awards two merit scholarships of INR 10,000/- each to the top two students.