Post Graduate Diploma in Management - International Business (PGDM-IB)
The PGDM-IB is a dual degree programme delivered in India and Europe. The programme is offered jointly by MDI Gurgaon and ESCP Europe, ranked 8th in Europe in the Financial Times B-School rankings. Students spend two 10-week terms at MDI Gurgaon, before travelling to one of the 6 allocated locations of ESCP’s Paris, Berlin, Madrid, Turin, Warsaw and London campuses for two semesters. They return to Gurgaon to take one more term to complete the programme.
The focus during the first two terms is to provide basic inputs in qualitative and quantitative domains and develop analytical, integrative and communication skills. At ESCP the focus is on giving International Management perspective to the students including the industry internship, predominantly in Europe, to provide in-company exposure in a global context.
*Subject to certain conditions, the students simultaneously earn the Master in Management (MIM) degree offered by the ESCP Europe. The MIM programme has been ranked 6th worldwide by the Financial Times.
Programme Learning Goals (LGs)
• Responsible Citizen consciousness
• Global Perspective
• Critical and innovative thinking
• Effective communication and collaborative decision-making
• Managing diversity across cultures
• Competencies to work across cultures
• Ability to work in unfamiliar markets
• Strong general management orientation
• Adequate grounding in various management functions
*Master in Management (MIM) Degree Requirements: The students need to validate 120 ECTS in total including the courses taken at MDI Gurgaon; Dissertation (Master Thesis) either at MDI Gurgaon or at ESCP Europe; and students need to validate 36 weeks of work experience (in two countries, for exam-ple: in India and any European country)
- Case studies, simulations, lectures, discussions, role plays.
- An integrated batch of ESCP Europe students and MDI students attend the programme with close interactions leading to better understanding, appreciation and tolerance of cultural diversity and ability to work globally.
- O.P. Jindal scholarship of INR 1,50,000 for second year students.
- MDI offers two Merit Scholarships of Rs. 10,000/– each to the top two students (in terms of CGPA) at the end of the second-year.
- MDI offers Merit cum Means Scholarship scheme for the meritorious students to pursue PGDM courses at MDI Gurgaon belonging to economically weaker sections (EWS). It is envisaged to provide total number of 10 merit-cum-means scholarships (50% waiver of tuition fee) every year to the students pursuing two-year full time PGDM/PGDM-HRM/PGDM-IB at MDI Gurgaon starting from AY 2021-22.
Studying in Europe
- ESCP Business School’s six urban campuses in major European cities, contribute actively to the development of a European management culture and allows the School to offer a unique cross-cultural business education.
- Students do not have to pay any tuition fee at ESCP Europe location if they finish their academic requirements in one year. However, students have to bear visa fee, visa assistance fee, social security, travel cost, daily living cost, lodging & boarding, cost of books and learning material at ESCP Europe.
- Students must be covered for health insurance (medical costs, hospitalization) and personal insurance (civil liability, individual accident, repatriation) for their entire duration of their exchange at ESCP Europe.
- ESCP Europe will assist students by providing information about the availability of accommodation. However, students will have to make final arrangements on their own. Cost of stay in Europe is approximately Euros 800-1000 per month.
- Students are advised to possess a current valid passport (valid for at least one year) at the time of joining the institute.
Master in Management (MIM) Degree Requirements
The students need to validate 120 ECTS in total including the courses taken at MDI Gurgaon; Dissertation (Master Thesis) either at MDI Gurgaon or at ESCP Europe; and students need to validate 36 weeks of work experience (in two countries, for example: in India and any European country).
Award of Diploma / Degree
*A student is awarded a Post Graduate Diploma in Management-International Business PGDM (IB) from MDI Gurgaon and a Master in Management (MIM) from ESCP Europe on successful completion of the requirements.
Note: *MDI reserves the right to make any changes to the design of the programme. The twinning (dual degree) Programme PGDM-IB of MDI Gurgaon and MIM of ESCP Europe is subject to regulatory approvals. Under special circumstances like COVID-related travel restrictions, the programme may be conducted entirely at MDI Gurgaon.