Six Sigma for Quality Improvement
Six Sigma is a tool that significantly improves customer satisfaction and shareholder value. It reduces waste and variability in every aspect of business. By following a structured approach, Six Sigma helps in better understanding of customers’ needs and wants from their point of view. It helps build and/or modify processes and products to meet or exceed their expectations. Six Sigma improvement projects targets to reduce the cost of quality in industries. However, the reason for instituting consumer-oriented Six Sigma goes beyond just the savings. Some of the projects undertaken for Six Sigma change the very dynamics of the way things get done and provide a significant competitive boost to the company or product.
- To understand the role of Statistical Thinking in improving quality
- To understand the meaning and goals of Six Sigma performance metrics
- To understand the various stages of DMAIC (Define-Measure-Analyse-Improve-Control) methodology of process improvement
- To provide guidelines for right tool selection from the Six Sigma toolbox
- To learn the basic functions of MINITAB software
- To provide guidelines for sound selection of quality/process improvement projects
- To enable practicing managers to apply Six Sigma methodology for quality/process improvement projects
- Role of Statistical Thinking in quality improvement initiatives
- What is Six Sigma statistically?
- Six Sigma DMAIC methodology
- Six Sigma toolbox
- Six Sigma Project selection and planning
- Basic MINITAB functions for process analysis
Who can participate
This programme is for executives heading units and departments in various functional areas of private sector, public sector and government organisations.
Registration and Fees
Participants should be nominated by their organisations. The enclosed nomination form should be completed and returned with all the details. The fee of the programme is Rs. 37,500 (rupees thirty-seven thousand five hundred only) per participant which includes a professional fee, all charges for lodging and boarding, and supply of course materials. GST as applicable will be charged extra in addition to the programme fee. Payment should be made by cheque/NEFT/RTGS.