Centre for Digital Economy, Cryptocurrencies & Cyber Security
The digital economy has impacted all facets of our life. Economic activities, commercial transactions and professional interactions online are continuously on the rise. New technologies such as Blockchain, AI, IoT, Spatial/Temporal Systems, Deep Learning, Natural Language Processing, and data and knowledge visualisation are continuously redefining the rules of the game. This has led to data becoming a key building block and analytics being a major driver to generate insights for business and in government. This has also led to advancements in cloud-based access, continuous hardware updates, converting capex to opex, digital platforms, new business models etc.
The digital economy is characterised by radical novelty, relatively fast growth, prominent impact, and uncertainty. The growth in the digital economy has led to the importance of issues pertaining to intellectual property, ethics, cyber security, privacy, cyber laws and regulations. At the Centre of Excellence on Digital Economy, Cryptocurrencies and Cyber Security (DECCS), we are focused on some of these issues and business models, strategies, and process-level transformations in the era of digital economies. The DECCS Centre also aims to examine the solutions for addressing the cyber security risks and threat brought out by technology advancements in this era.
We intend to undertake research and joint projects to cater to the complex issues of digital economy and cyber security. The aim is to facilitate government and regulatory bodies in optimising the digital transformation.
- The Centre aims to examine social, economic, organisational, managerial, and political implications of digital economy.
- It acts as a think tank on issues related to digital economy, cyber security and crypto currencies, bringing in an India-specific context and discussion.
- It encourages academic deliberations and dialogue, conferences, promotes research in emerging technology areas like Blockchain/crypto currencies, Artificial Intelligence (AI), ethics of algorithms, misinformation campaigns, fake news, free speech, privacy and data protection, online crime, and cyber security.
1. Digital platforms and new business model
- Competition in platform-based ecosystems
- Digital platform innovation and start-ups
- Societal /government digital platform
2. Digital transformation of government
- Open government data and policy formulation
- Smart City Mission
- Citizen engagement models
- Evaluation and impact assessment
3. Emerging technologies for building digital capabilities
- AI/ML in healthcare, agriculture, BFSI, manufacturing etc.
- Blockchain and cryptocurrencies
- Cloud, IoT and Analytics
- Social media Analytics
4. Cyber laws, ethics, privacy and data protection
- IT Act 2000: ITAA 2008: Critical Analysis and Review
- Privacy and data protection laws in India
- Regulations for emerging technologies
5. Cyber security
- Enterprise security and risk management
- Critical infrastructure security
- IoT security
- Behavioural Security
- Managing security in Cloud computing
- Management of supply chain risks
- AI and cyber security
Head, Science and Deep Tech Investments of Info Edge (parent company) of Naukri.com
World Class Scholar and Professor, University of South Florida. Muma College of Business
Head, Cybersecurity Business unit, Tata Consultancy Services, India
Director, Future of Trust practice ,Senior Technology Leader, International Data Corporation (IDC), Gurgaon, India
R. Srivathsa Ramanathan
Partner, MAZARS, Cyber Security, Privacy & Data Protection
Head, Technology Risk, Manpower Group. Singapore
Founder, India Future Foundation (IFF)
Head, Cyber Security and Digital Forensics, TCS Switzerland
Chief Information Officer (CIO) for Rockman Industries (Hero Group Company)