PGDM (Online) Programme
The two-year Post Graduate Diploma in Management (Online) is approved by the AICTE, Government of India. It enables young working executives to earn a postgraduate management qualification from a leading business school. They can earn this prestigious qualification from anywhere in the world without taking a break from their career.
Programme Learning Goals (LGs)
• Responsible citizen consciousness
• Global perspective
• Critical and innovative thinking
• Effective communication and collaborative decision-making
• Functional competency
• Global mindset and sensitivity
• Holistic business perspective
• Capability to manage uncertainty and complexity
• Capability to lead change
• Capability to create wealth and manage diversity
Teaching and Learning
The two-year PGDM(Online) is approved by the AICTE, Government of India. It is patterned along the same lines as the flagship PGDM programme of MDI Gurgaon. It gives an opportunity for high performers to earn a premium post graduate management qualification from a leading business school. They can earn this prestigious qualification from anywhere in the world without taking a break from their career. Learning will be rigorous and delivered through Online Synchronous Classes, Asynchronous, self-paced learning and Campus immersion.
- Similar rigour and relevance as offered by MDI's Post Graduate Diploma in Management programme, but in a curated and customised package specially designed for online delivery.
- Cutting edge curriculum, delivering an integrated, global perspective of management. The participants will also be exposed to the international faculty. You would also benefit from interactions with a global cohort. Indian and Global case studies will be discussed.
- You get the opportunity to reflect, to rethink your career trajectory and to take steps to equip yourself with the right skills and knowledge. An end-to-end enterprise wide view of business will help you as you go move into senior management.
- Participants may continue to pursue their full-time careers and also continue their education, while residing anywhere in the world. Benefit from a variety of modes of interacting with peers and faculty. Work at your pace, within a time window, but with high commitment.
- Close interactions with faculty. Tutorial and doubt clearing sessions will be conducted in small groups. You would also have remote access to MDI Gurgaon Library. Participants may provide feedback, make suggestions, and raise concerns in regularly held open-house sessions with MDI programme managers.
The first year of the programme will comprise eight modules of six weeks each. Core (compulsory) courses worth 44 credits would be covered in this year.
- Elective courses are offered in the second year of the programme over three modules of 12 weeks each.
- The final module is dedicated to an end-of-programme capstone dissertation
During the second year of study, participants may choose courses from a bouquet of various electives to attain a major and minor specialisation in any of the following functional areas: Accounting & Finance | Operations Management | Marketing | Organisational Behaviour & Human Resource Management | Information Management | Strategic Management I Business Analytics and Energy Management.
- In order to major in a specialisation, the participant has to earn a minimum of 20 credits offered by that area.
- A minor specialisation requires the participant to earn a minimum of 16 credits offered by that Area.
- Participants must earn a minimum of 36 credits from elective courses.
- CGPA would be calculated using the electives comprising 36 credits completed with best performance
- Three campus immersions will be conducted - a 2 day induction bootcamp, a 5 day deep dive, and a programme closing wrap-up.
- Campus visits will include peer networking and workshops conducted by MDI Gurgaon faculty along with industry practitioners.
- The international immersion is optional and will be organized at the end of the programme based on the intention expressed by participants. This international immersion would be separate from programme fees and will have to be borne by interested participants.
- The 1-2 additional campus immersions and international immersion are optional and will be organized based on the interest shown by the participants. The minimum subscription for these immersions is 10 participants. The cost of these immersions is exclusive of the programme fees and to be borne by the participants.
- Participants may consume the asynchronous content in a self-paced manner
- Participants will have the opportunity to attend 15 to 30 hours of synchronous sessions per course (depending on the credits), judiciously spread across the term of the course.
- Synchronous sessions will be scheduled on evenings and weekends. Peer group discussions and tutorials will also be scheduled by the course faculty.
- Participants will have access to the recording of synchronous sessions.
MDI follows a continuous evaluation system. A participant earns a letter grade in each course with an associated grade point. The credit-weighted average of these grade points in the programme is the Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA). Evaluation will be based on a combination of assessments including quizzes, written assignments, class presentations, viva-voce, case study submissions, simulations, project work, etc.
In the PGDM (Online) Programme, a scholarship of INR 10,000 each will be awarded to the top two participants of each module for the first eight modules.