Post Graduate Diploma in Management - Business Administration
MDI’s Post Graduate Diploma in Management (Business Administration)* is a rigorous, demanding and relevant programme for working executives residing/ working in and around the National Capital Region (NCR) who have had no prior exposure to formal management education.
*Applied for AICTE’s approval in May 2022
- This is a 24-month Post Graduate Programme starting from the Academic year 2022-23.
- The program has been designed considering the current business requirements and the high demand in the industry for the candidates having requisite techniques and managerial skills. The programme is expecting participation from prestigious clients like Maruti Suzuki, Accenture, KPMG, Carrier Air-conditioning, IOCL etc.
- The Programme targets working executives and entrepreneurs who have a zeal to be updated with latest managerial tools and techniques through formal in-class interaction.
- It not only equips managers for assuming higher responsibilities but also enables them to perform more efficiently and effectively in the context of the changing domestic and international business environment.
Programme Learning Goals (LGs)
- Responsible Citizen consciousness
- Global Perspective
- Critical and Innovative Thinking
- Entrepreneurial Orientation
- Functional Competency
- Two-year Post Graduate Diploma in Management (Business Administration)
- Each academic year comprises of four terms (of 3-months each), which includes two weeks for examinations (mid-term & end-term).
- 20 Core courses spread over terms 1 to 6. 14 electives courses spread over terms 4 to 8 followed by mandatory field work/project in term 8 equivalent to two course load.
- Balanced mix of lectures, group discussions, presentations, case analyses, simulation exercises, business games, field visits and project work.
- Interactive and participative methods of learning, in line with the recent advances in training methodology.
- Integrates the use of technology with the learning of basic principles in different functional areas of management.
- Opportunity for interacting with eminent academics, policy makers and industry leaders who delve into the current business and policy issues.
Course evaluation is in terms of letter grades. Participants are required to achieve a certain minimum grade point average in each term, a minimum letter grade in each course and in Field Work/Project.
- The Chairman’s Gold Medal awarded for the highest CGPA in the programme.
- The Director’s Gold Medal awarded for the highest CGPA in specialization in the programme.
- In the initial three terms, the classes are held on four days per week i.e. Thursday to Sunday.
- Term 4 onwards classes are held throughout the week and for an individual the class schedule depends on the electives chosen by him/her.
- Classes are held from 6.30 PM to 9.45 PM on weekdays, from 6.30 PM to 9.45 PM on Saturdays, and from 10.00 AM to 05.15 PM, with a lunch break from 1.15 PM to 2.00 PM on Sundays.